Kevin Parker had just moved to the state of California. He had a new job at a medium sized company and it was his first day at work. The HR personnel instructed him that he had to first complete his compliance training as it was made mandatory by the state recently. This was new to Parker as he hadn’t heard or been through this before. The HR assistant was quick to answer his questions.
What is compliance training?
Compliance training refers to the process of educating employees of the organization’s regulations, policies and adherence to laws.
Why should employees be certified?
An organization that engages in compliance training typically hopes to accomplish several goals such as:
1. Ensuring all employees understand and are aware of regulations & laws pertaining to their job roles ensuring better productivity & employee morale.
2. Avoiding and detecting violations by employees that could lead to legal implications for the organization. Laying the ground rules for partial or complete defense in the event that employee wrongdoing occurs despite the organization’s training efforts.
Creating a safe, hospitable and respectful workplace
Seven states in the country have made compliance trainings mandatory and each state has it’s own laws and regulations that organizations must adhere to. There are 6 key areas that are generally covered under compliance trainings:
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment
- Data protection & Privacy
- Anti-Bribery, Ethics and corruption
- Financial regulation
Of the above, Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Discrimination has been made mandatory in seven states. The new wave of compliance training is online. Our online Prevention of harassment and discrimination training uses scenarios, examples, quizzes and simple explanations to get each objective across. It is engaging, fun and interactive. All at a ridiculously affordable price!
Parker, now familiar with the term and having understood its relevance and importance was looking forward to the online compliance training. He was allotted a workstation and a computer and was asked to complete his training before starting off on his job. He completed his training in an hour’s time and felt he was now empowered with the knowledge and awareness pertaining to specific issues, policies and regulations. He is now confident that he will be able conduct himself with integrity and be aware when a situation or behavior is in violation.